Unless U does require that general qualifications must be in place prior to seeking application and the initial interview with the Director.
Basic qualifications include but may not be limited to the following:
- Must be 18 years of age or older (16+ for summer school), must have independent self-care and self-help skills, (i.e., toileting, eating, etc...)
- Must be willing and able to follow simple verbal instructions.
- Must be willing and able to participate in activities with minimal assistance from the staff and trained volunteers.
- Students must get along well with peers.
- Unless U does NOT tolerate bullying or dangerous behavior. Unless U shall not admit or maintain any adult whose needs it cannot meet or whose behavior would be dangerous for other students in the program.
- There shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
- Prospective students that are 16-25 will need to provide Unless U with their most recent IEP and a written recommendation from their current/most recent Special Education teacher. See the recommendation letter document below.
- We want to make sure that our program is an excellent fit to meet the needs of your young adult, and furthermore, that your young adult is an excellent fit for our program.
For consideration of placement in Unless U, please send all inquiries to my attention at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the application and flyers below.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Lindy Williamson Cleveland
Executive Dir, & Founder